Although it is recommended that you test each update from Microsoft before applying it in your organizations, for many it is more cost effective to just automatically approve the updates and send them out into the wild. The procedure below will allow you to choose which category of updates you want to allow to install immediately.
To automatically approve updates
· In the WSUS administration console, click Options, and then click Automatic Approvals.
· In Update Rules, click New Rule.
· In the Add Rule dialog box, under Step 1: Select properties, select whether to use update classifications or products (or both) as criteria.
· In Step 2: Edit the properties, click the underlined properties to select the values for which you want automatic approvals.
· In Step 3: Specify a name, give a name to the rule.
· Click OK.