User rights give the user (or group) the ability to perform certain activities on the computer (or other computers). The difference between User Rights and Permissions is this:
· Attached to the user account.
· Allow the user to perform actions on the computer (or the network)
· Determine the level of access a user has to an object in Active Director.
· Attached to the object.
In Sever 2003, there are 39 different user rights. To get a detailed explanation of each user right and the default members:
· Open Local Security Policy (or Default Domain Controller Security Settings)
· Expand Local Policy
· Right Click User Rights and select Help.
· A list of all user rights is listed in the right hand column.