Many are discovering that when viewing a VM in Hyper-V on your 2008 server, you have to click the screen to get the mouse to be “Captured”. Further frustration sets in when you have to use the mouse release key combination of Ctrl – Alt- left arrow key. The problem is with Integration Services. Even though all the boxes are checked in the VM Settings for Integration Services, you still need to install the CD in the Guest OS.
• To do this, log into your Guest OS.
• Execute the Mouse release (Ctrl – Alt- left arrow key).
• On the menu bar of the VM, Click Action Insert Integration Services Setup Disk.
• Click on you VM and browse to the CD drive in the VM.
• Allow the Integration Services to install.
• You may need to reboot the guest OS.
• Problem solved!