Advanced Windows PowerShell Scripting Video Training

Advanced Windows PowerShell Scripting Video Training
Advanced Windows PowerShell Scripting Video Training

Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Do you need PowerShell installed on remote machines to run a script from one shell to a remote computer?

No you do not. I tested this out in Windows 2008 R2 Hyper-V. I utilized two virtual machines. The first was a Windows 2008 R2 Server configured as a domain controller. The other was a Windows 2003 server configured as a member server. On the DC, I executed the command Get-Service –ComputerName CoomputerName. The result was a listing of the services running on the 2003 server.

To verify that I was indeed getting results from the other server, I executed these two lines.

$A = Get-Service –ComputerName CoomputerName

$A = Get-Service

$A.count

$B.count

What this did was place the returned objects from the remote computer into variable $a and the objects from the local computer in to variable $B. I then used the Count property of each to verify that I had different numbers.

No comments: