Skip to main content

Control how often a warning message is sent to users in Exchange 2010

By default, Exchange 2010 sends a warning email to all users every day at 1:00 AM. In the past, I’ve often needed users to be more aware of their utilization. Especially if we were approaching storage capacities. You can create a custom schedule to send more notices throughout the day if needed.
· Open the Exchange Management Console.
· Expand Organization Configuration.
· Click Mailbox.
· Right click the database you want to configure and select Properties.
· Click the Limits tab
· Click Customize
· Configure your notification schedule and then click OK.
· In the drop down box, click Use Custom Schedule.
· Click OK.
To configure the notification schedule with PowerShell by using the –QuotaNotificationSchedule switch with the Set-MailboxDatabase cmdlet. Here is an example
Set-MailboxDatabase –identity “” –QuotaNotificationSchedule “Mon.9:00-Mon.10:00”, “Wed.9:00-Wed.10:00”
The above command will send a notification to all users who need one on both Monday and Wednesday between the hours of 9:00 AM and 10:00 AM.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How to run GPResult on a remote client with PowerShell

In the past, to run the GPResult command, you would need to either physically visit this client, have the user do it, or use and RDP connection.  In all cases, this will disrupt the user.  First, you need PowerShell remoting enabled on the target machine.  You can do this via Group Policy . Open PowerShell and type this command. Invoke-Command –ScriptBlock {GPResult /r} –ComputerName <ComputerName> Replace <ComputerName> with the name of the target.  Remember, the target needs to be online and accessible to you.

Set up your Environment to utilize Invoke-GPUpdate

I’m sitting in O’Hare enjoying my 3 hour layover as I get ready to teach a Windows 10 class in Fort Wayne.  I’m actually prepping for my class in Fort Wayne in a few weeks, 10982 Supporting and Troubleshooting Windows 10.  This class is very much like the Windows 7 version that I used to teach so I decided to up the detail quite a bit.  In the GPO troubleshootin chapter, I’m including a demonstration on how to use PowerShell’s Invoke-GPUpdate.  I needed to make sure the environment is set up for me to be able to utilize this cmdlet.  If you read the Notes section on Invoke-GPUpdate’s help file, you will see there are three firwall rules that need to be in place:          Remote Scheduled Tasks Management (RPC)          Remote Scheduled Tasks Management (RPC-ERMAP)          Windows Management Instrumentation (WMI-IN) I decided to create a little PowerShell script to crea...

Where did a User’s Account Get Locked Out?

Updated: May 15, 2015 When this article was originally published, two extra carriage returns were add causing the code to malfunction.  The code below is correct.   My client for this week’s PowerShell class had a really interesting question. They needed to know where an account is being locked out at. OK, interesting. Apparently users hop around clients and forget to log off, leading to eventual lock out of their accounts. The accounts can be unlocked, but are then relocked after Active Directory replication. This problem is solved in two parts. The first one is to modify the event auditing on the network. The second part is resolved with PowerShell. The first part involves creating a group policy that will encompass your Domain Controllers. In this GPO, make these changes. Expand Computer Configuration \ Policies \ Windows Settings \ Security Settings \ Advanced Audit Policy Configuration \ Audit Policies \ Account Management Double click User Account Management C...