Windows Server 2008 has some really neat features to help make your users (and your) life easier. One of them is Distributed File System. There is a sure fire way to ruin this feature, having an incompatible antivirus product.
Since a move to Windows Server 2008 and antivirus protection is a big investment in your business, neglecting compatability in your antivirus protection can cause a serious cost over run.
Below is a list of compatible antivirus products from http://support.microsoft.com/kb/815263/en-us.
There is also a hot fix availible for ForeFront client users. If your files take unexpectedly long to replicate, check out this link. 3rd party antivirus vendors may also have this issue as well.
• Microsoft ForeFront
• Computer Associates eTrust Antivirus build 96 or later with the "NTFS incremental scan" feature disabled •
Computer Associates eTrust 7.0
• Eset Nod32 version 1.199.16
• Grisoft AVG Antivirus 7.0
• McAfee/NAI NetShield 4.50 with the NetShield Hotfix Rollup
• Norton AntiVirus 7.6 or later
• PowerQuest V2i Protector Desktop Edition 2.01
• PowerQuest V2i Protector Server Edition 2.01
• Symantec Antivirus Corporate Edition 8.1
• Trend Micro ServerProtect for Microsoft Windows/Novell Netware
• Trend Micro OfficeScan 7.0
File and system state backup
• Legato Octopus/Replistor 5.2.1
• PowerQuest Drive Image 7.01