Objective: Change the name of a Server Core Machine:
Task 1: Get the name of the machine:
• At the command prompt, type hostname
• Record the name of the computer: ________________________
Task 2: Change the name of the computer
• Type netdom RenameComputer Old-Name /NewName:New-Name
• Press Enter.
• Restart the computer by typing Shutdown /r /t 0
o The Shutdown command allows you to shutdown a computer. The following switches are used:
- /r - Shutdown and restart the computer
- /t xxx - Sets a wait period in seconds before shutting down the computer.
Task 3: Verify the name change
• Log into the server
• Type hostname and verify the computer has changed its name.