Advanced Windows PowerShell Scripting Video Training

Advanced Windows PowerShell Scripting Video Training
Advanced Windows PowerShell Scripting Video Training

Friday, November 18, 2011

How to list all the WMI namespaces and their classes in PowerShell

Get ready for a real long list, but here is how you do it.

Get-WMIObject –Namespace root –List -Recurse
Simple, yet effective.  Be prepared though. My Windows 7 Ultimate returned 4,608 classes.


Get-WMIObject –Namespace root –List -Recurse | Get-Member
I receive 60251 classes. There is a lot of information in WMI.

2 comments:

Dileepkumar inabathini said...

This command is not working in my system(windows 7).

Jason Yoder, MCT said...

Thank you Dileepkumar Inabathini. The problem was a typo on my part. I corrected the article. The problem was that I did not put a "-" in front of "Recurse". Give it a try now.