On some installation of Server 2008, the Reliability Monitor does not record data. The instructions below are from Microsoft and I’ve tested them out. They do work.
- Click Start, type Task Scheduler in the Search box, and then click Task Scheduler.
- Enable the trigger that regularly starts the RacTask task.
- In Task Scheduler, expand Task Scheduler Library, expand Microsoft, and then expandWindows.
- Right-click RAC, click View, and then click to select the Show Hidden Tasks command.
Note If the Show Hidden Tasks command is already selected, go to step 2c.
- Double-click RacTask.
- In the RacTask Properties dialog box, click the Triggers tab.
- On the Triggers tab, double-click the One time trigger.
- In the Edit Trigger dialog box, click to select the Enabled option, and then click OK.
- In the RacTask Properties dialog box, click OK.
- Close Task Scheduler.
- Update a registry setting.
- Click Start, type Regedit in the Search box, and then click Regedit.
- In Registry Editor, set the value of the following registry entry to 1:
- Restart the computer.