For Windows Server 2000 and 2003, the installation media contained a support tools folder that allowed us to install the server management software on our clients. From Windows Server 2008, you need to download them. Below are the links to RSAT for both Vista and Windows 7. Remember to down load the correct version for both OS and processor. Below are the installation instructions from Microsoft.
1. On a computer that is running Windows 7, download the Remote Server Administration Tools for Windows 7 package from the Microsoft Download Center.
2. Open the folder into which the package downloaded, and double-click the package to unpack it, and then start the Remote Server Administration Tools for Windows 7 Setup Wizard.
Important: You must accept the License Terms and Limited Warranty to start to install the Administration Tools pack.
3. Complete all the steps that you must follow by the wizard, and then click Finish to exit the wizard when installation is completed.
4. Click Start, click Control Panel, and then click Programs.
5. In the Programs and Features area, click Turn Windows features on or off.
6. If you are prompted by User Account Control to enable the Windows Features dialog box to open, click Continue.
7. In the Windows Features dialog box, expand Remote Server Administration Tools.
8. Select the remote management tools that you want to install.
9. Click OK.
10. Configure the Start menu to display the Administration Tools shortcut, if it is not already there.
• Right-click Start, and then click Properties.
• On the Start Menu tab, click Customize.
• In the Customize Start Menu dialog box, scroll down to System Administrative Tools, and then select Display on the All Programs menu and the Start menu. Click OK. Shortcuts for snap-ins installed by Remote Server Administration Tools for Windows 7 are added to the Administrative Tools list on the Start menu.