Advanced Windows PowerShell Scripting Video Training

Advanced Windows PowerShell Scripting Video Training
Advanced Windows PowerShell Scripting Video Training

Monday, March 21, 2011

How to determine which ports your AD LDS instance is listening on.

 

On occasion, you may have misplaced your documentation on which ports AD LDS is listening on.  We have all “misplaced” our documentation before. 

Open a command prompt with administrative privileges on the server hosting the AD LDS instance.

Type dsdbutil “li I” q and press Enter

image

In the above image, you can see both the LDAP port and the secure LDAP port being used by the AD LDS instance.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Excellent, Thank you!

Syed Asrar Ul Haq said...

Hello Sir,

When I want to synchronize the AD in windows storage Server 2012 it is asking me LDAP port for the Main Domain Controller .

Can you help me ..

Thanks
Syed Asrar

Jason Yoder, MCT said...

Syed,

The normal port for LDAP is 389. Give that one a try. If this does not work, send me more of a detailed description of what you are attempting to do and I will see if I can help.

Jason